The face of the brick is impressed with cuneiform text which reads "(The divine) Amar-Su'en, was called by Enlil in Nippur, the supporter of the temple of Enlil. The mighty king of Ur, king of the four quarters of heaven and earth, for the god Enki, his beloved lord, he built his beloved Abzu". Breaks to the edges and remains of bitumen on the back.
Originally this brick would have been laid face down, its inscription invisible.
Excavated by Captain R. Campbell-Thompson in 1918
Parvis Museum, Sussex, UK; acquired from the above September 1919